Crochet handbag



I know I know....I can't believe it myself! I'm crocheting myself a handbag! Woohoo! For the first time ever I'm doing it by following instructions from the crochet book! :D

Actually years ago, I've crocheted my own handbag on my own without guidelines from anyone or following any instructions from a book. I just bought myself a roll of white yarn and crochet myself a handbag. I even added beads to it. It took me 6 months to get it done. A lot of people complimented on the handbag too which was quite a surprise for me since it was so full of flaws! The handbag looked so weird....but perhaps because it was weird looking that people loved it so much. I do too and up till now I still use it whenever I go out. It's unique in it's own way I guess hehee.

So today I started crocheting a handbag by following the rules.....step by step till it's all done. So far so good. I got me a dark redish brown yarn that I think is so beautiful. I've never had a handbag in this color before. Love it! I just can't wait for it to be done. I love a hobo shape bag and I'm aiming for that. Even though the instructions is actually for a bag quite different from what I want but I'm following at least 3/4 part of the design and the top part will be hobo type for the handles. So it's a trial and error thingy as well. I really hope it will turn out nice in the end. It's just a simple single stitch crochet with very little of double stitch involved. A good design for beginners like me. ...hehehe.

I don't know how long it's going to take for me to get this handbag done. I hope it will be done in less than 6 months time considering the load of work I need to get done in between. I can't wait!!!! :D


Comments